Eagle Press, a leading North American Press Builder with manufacturing plant in Windsor (Canada) & Service base in Portland Tennessee (USA) catering to sheet metal requirements of Automotive and Appliances industry (www.eaglepresses.com). Eagle Press is a part of Isgec Group, a MNC with their products supplied to over 100 countries and catering to core engineering sector (www.isgec.com).
- Assist in Design and Development of a modular (seed) electrical controls package for presses including electrical drawings, motion control, PLC Hardware and Software, HMI, and manuals.
- Modifying existing press manual and develop into a comprehensive manual for press controls and operation. Development of a comprehensive set of dynamic checks for each system on the press.
- Reviewing of electrical installations to ensure all purchased options are installed and functioning properly.
- Participate in buyoff activities at customer facilities.
- Providing customers with start-up, operating and maintenance training.
- Maintaining excellent rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions and suggesting improved methods and techniques in a timely manner.
- Design and implement system upgrades/retrofits for the service department.
- Travel in North America and Mexico as required to work at sites.
- Documenting service and installation activities by completing forms, reports, logs and records in a timely manner.
- Project management within cost and time constraints.
- Procuring related electrical equipment and assist Procurement department for the same.
- Assist in hiring and directing subcontractors to build controls package(s).Provide warranty and service support for troubleshooting.
- Working with regulatory authorities to provide an approved system.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Diploma or degree in Electrical/Controls Engineering Technology
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience in control system design.
- Knowledgeable and competent in AB PLC/HMI programming, control system design and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Siemens PLC/HMI would be an advantage.
- Press knowledge and experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of working with AutoCAD and EPLAN.
- Ability to read schematics and troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to function effectively and productively in a team environment.
- Speak/read/write fluently in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety and safety precautions.
- 40-60 hours per week.
- Day, (afternoon, night, weekend shifts).
- Plant environment.
- Travel required.
- May be exposed to dangerous mechanical equipment and corrosive chemicals.
- Exposure to heat.
- Exposure to loud noise.
- Exposure to heavy lifting.
Eagle Press welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.