Eagle Press, a leading North American Press Builder with manufacturing plant in Windsor (Canada) & Service base in Portland Tennessee (USA) catering to sheet metal requirements of Automotive and Appliances industry (www.eaglepresses.com). Eagle Press is a part of Isgec Group, a MNC with their products supplied to over 100 countries and catering to core engineering sector (www.isgec.com).
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting international environment with international teams.
- Supervise press builds at Eagle and order press installation material.
- Reviewing of electrical installations to ensure all purchased options are installed and functioning properly.
- Perform electrical disconnects of Eagle presses at shop.
- Disassembly, labelling and packing of electrical components.
- Perform reconnects and interfacing of Eagle Presses at customer site.
- Perform a comprehensive check of dynamic checks for each system of the press at Eagle and at site.
- Supports the build of electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies on site
- Directly involved in troubleshooting, problem solving and corrective actions for press control build processes, including completing all required documentation
- Participate in buyoff activities at customer facilities.
- Providing customers with start-up, operating and maintenance training.
- Maintaining excellent rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions and suggesting improved methods and techniques in a timely manner.
- Implement system upgrades/retrofits for the service department.
- Assisting maintenance department wherever required.
- Travel for installations and service in North America and Mexico as required
- Documenting service and installation activities by completing forms, reports, logs and records in a timely manner.
- Managing press builds, disconnects, reconnects and interfacing within cost and time constraints.
- Hiring and directing sub-contractors as and when require.
- Provide warranty and service support for troubleshooting.
- Working with regulatory authorities to provide an approved system.
Completion of an Electrical Apprenticeship and Journeyman status or the equivalent in experience
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Knowledge of AB PLC/HMI programming and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MS office etc.
- Press knowledge and experience.
- Ability to understand, analyze and interpret engineering, electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to function effectively and productively in a team environment
- Speak/read/write fluently in English
- Knowledge and understanding of safety and safety precautions
- Ability to safely and effectively operate an overhead crane
- Ability to work at heights.
- Material handling –lift trucks, transfer carts or other means of transport
- Valid Driver’s License
- 40-60 hours per week
- Day, afternoon, night, weekend shifts
- Plant environment
- Travel required
- May be exposed to dangerous mechanical equipment and corrosive chemicals
Eagle Press welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.